One of my favorite things to eat is stir fry and lo mein, but when I went gluten free eating at take out Chinese restaurants went out the window!
So…the next best thing? Make it at home! I basically adapted my Chicken lo Mein for this Steak Stir Fry. I love steak and was really wanting an easy meal to whip up and use some steak in it. This was the perfect fix!
The summer is one of my favorite times to make stir fry because you can easily use the veggies in your garden. I actually used some peppers we froze last summer from our garden for this along with a bag of stir fry veggies. I’m hoping in the next month we have more produce, that way I will avoid buying a bag of frozen veggies at the store all together.
I was also able to use something new that I’ve just started learning about…coconut oil! I know many people have used it for a while, but I am just coming around to it. I tried out this Carrington Farms Coconut Oil and used it in place of the vegetable oil. I have to say, I was pretty impressed with how similar it was in consistency to regular oil while cooking.
I was also amazed with all the uses for it…even in your hair? How great is that to have an all purpose oil!
All I did was scoop out about a tablespoon and let it melt on the skillet and stir it around to coat it. Then, I just started cooking away and there were subtle hints of coconut throughout this meal.
For this recipe, I always use a Cast Iron Skillet, works perfect for all types of stir fry!
Disclosure: I was provided with the coconut oil to try; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own. I am an amazon affiliate.
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Steak Stir Fry
- 1 Lb Thin Steak Flank, Sirloin
- 1-2 Tbsp Coconut Oil or Regular Oil
- 1 Bag Stir Fry Veggies
- 1 Red Pepper Sliced
- 1 Green Pepper Sliced
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 1-2 Cups Lite Sodium Soy Sauce or Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1 Box Thai Kitchen Stir Fry Rice Noodles
- Sesame Seeds Optional
- Begin by cutting the steak in thing strips, against the grain.
- Next, heat up 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet and swirl to coat the pan.
- Place the steak in the skillet and cook on medium heat until done to your preference.
- While the steak is cooking, cook the rice noodles as instructed on the box. Once they are cooked drain and return to stock pot and set aside.
- Once steak is done, place on a paper towel lined plate so that the excess oil drains off. Then, place the steak in the stock pot with the noodles.
- Next, in the same skillet place the veggies in and cook for 10 minutes or until soft. At this point, if you need to add another Tbsp of oil, do so.
- Once they are soft add in the beaten egg and let this cook another 5 minutes or until the egg is done.
- Once the egg and veggies are done, pour those into the stock pot with the meat and noodles.
- Lastly, add a cup (1 cup) of soy sauce and stir the mixture together.
- Add additional soy sauce up until your taste preference.
- Top with Sesame Seeds.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!