Make an easy meal with these Steak and Potato Bowls, packed with protein and naturally gluten-free.
Sometimes I get a good recipe inspiration or idea mid recipe and then my recipe turns into something completely different than what I had in mind. That’s exactly how these Steak & Potato Bowls came to be!
I had originally intended on making a stir fry, but then I wasn’t in the mood for stir fry. Ever have that happen? I had thin steak, potatoes, and green beans from our garden just staring at me.
How do you make Steak and Potato Bowls?
Then, I looked at my husband and said I wonder if I could just cook all of this in the skillet and make it a steak and potato bowl. He said, YES! A few minutes later and viola!
I decided to use sweet potatoes for this as I was craving them. I had enough of regular potatoes all through the holidays. I would suggest tossing your potatoes in a bit earlier than the green beans because they do take longer to cook. Then, in about the last 10 minutes, you could toss in the green beans. We still had several bags from our garden so it was nice to relive that garden fresh taste!
This is like the country boy’s stir fry! That’s what my husband calls it anyway. I used a thin arm steak for this but you can use any type of thin steak. Typically, I go for the steak that’s on sale although, flank steak is my favorite!
Ready for a bite?
Steak & Potato Bowls
- 1 Lb Thin Steak Any Type, Thinly Sliced into Pieces
- 2 Medium Sized Sweet Potatoes Chopped into Chunks
- 2 Cups Fresh Green Beans Trimmed
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Dried Rosemary
- In a large skillet on medium heat, begin by adding enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Place the steak in the pan and cook 3-5 minutes on both sides, or until well done. While it is cooking, sprinkle with garlic salt and rosemary (about 1 tsp). Place the steak on a paper towel lined plate to let the grease soak out.
- In the same skillet add more oil if necessary then place the chopped sweet potatoes in the pan and drizzle a little more olive oil on top and rosemary. Let these cook for about 15 minutes, stir and mix to be sure they do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add in the green beans and add more olive or rosemary if necessary. Let this simmer for about another 10-15 minutes or until veggies are soft.
- Once they are fully cooked, toss the steak back in and mix.
- Serve with additional salt if necessary.
- Note: The olive oil, garlic salt, and dried rosemary I added in by taste and amount that I preferred, you will need to use more or less depending on your preference.
- Serves 4
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Comments & Reviews
wow, that’s a very yummy ! thanks for the recipe