Spicy Salsa Burgers are a great dinner option!
Over the past few weeks I have showed you a few spicy ways to do dinner or snack time with Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup and Spicy Broiled Bean Dip. This past week, I made a Spicy Salsa Burger by recreating my restaurant style salsa with some extra kick to it using peppers!
My husband loves this salsa and I make it regularly but he is always begging me to add more spice to it. I’m a weakling when it comes to spicy foods so I never do. It was his lucky day though, I made a batch just for him full of spicy flavor. He was in love with this salsa, plus the salsa burgers. The great thing is this salsa makes enough to fill a whole mason jar, that means you can keep it and enjoy it for a while.
We usually keep ours for about a month in the fridge, we love cold salsa. My husband could eat tortillas with this salsa daily and live on it as could my son. We even went out to a restaurant a few weeks ago that served hot salsa and my daughter was digging in. She apparently LOVES salsa and spicy foods!
I used the La Morena Chiptole Peppers and Sliced Jalapeno Peppers to make this salsa, you can pick up any brand you prefer. I decided to use half the chiptole peppers to cut back on the spice just a bit, but if you like fire hot…use the whole can. You will love it or need water…I would.
I was able to find these peppers on Amazon; however, you can pick them up at many Walmart stores around the country.
Do you love spicy foods or are you a weakling like me?
Are you ready for a delicious dinner? Time to whip up this salsa and build a delicious Salsa Burger!
Spicy Salsa Burgers
- 1 28 oz Can of Peeled Whole Tomatoes with Juice
- 1 7 oz Can of La Morena Sliced Jalapenos
- 1 7 oz Can of La Morena Chipotle Peppers use half the can
- 1/4 Cup White Onion Chopped
- 1 Clove of Garlic Crushed
- 1/4 Tsp Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro Chopped
- 1 Lime
- 4 Cooked Hamburger Patties
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- Prepared Salsa
- Toppings - Avocado Onions, Cheese, etc.
- To make the salsa, combine all the salsa ingredients in a food processor, squeezing the juice from the lime and discarding the peel, and blend until pureed well together.
- This will typically make 4-6 cups that can be stored in a wide mouth mason jar.
- Build your burger with the toppings of your choice and add the spicy salsa to the top of the burger.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Fast, delicious and easy #client