Spaghetti Squash Salad is a lighter way to do dinner without the carbs.
One of my absolute favorite foods is cooked spaghetti squash. I only recently discovered my love for spaghetti squash a few years ago. Ever since I cook with it regularly. It’s SO healthy and good for you, plus works perfectly in place of pasta.
This dish was completely inspired by what I had on hand. Over the holidays, I had a lot of veggie trays and hated to waste all those veggies, so I used them in several recipes.
I decided to slice up tomatoes, snap peas, onions, and cucumbers for this dish then I mixed it with the spaghetti squash and chicken. Once I added in a dash of garlic and olive oil, it was ready for eating and so delicious. It was light and healthy plus packed with lots of veggies.
What are some of your favorite dishes to make using spaghetti squash? Share them with us!
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Spaghetti Squash Salad
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic Crushed
- 4 Lb Spaghetti Squash Cooked
- 1 Cup Cooked Chicken Cubed
- 1 Cucumber Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 1/2 Cup Snap Peas Trimmed
- 1/4 Cup White Onion Diced
- Mozzarella Cheese to Garnish
- Parsley to Garnish
- If you have not cooked the spaghetti squash, in a dutch oven or steamer, begin by fully steaming the spaghetti squash. Once it is steamed, scrape out the seeds with a fork. Then, use a fork to scrape out the remaining spaghetti squash and set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet, place the oil and garlic in the skillet and warm up.
- Add in the cooked spaghetti squash, cooked chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, peas, and onion.
- Continue to stir and let simmer for 10-15 minutes until heated through and the veggies are tender.
- Serve topped with cheese and parsley.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!