I mentioned last week, I’m slightly addicted now to Spaghetti Squash. Maybe I’m just a little weird, but I really love scraping the inside of the squash and seeing it all turn into what looks like spaghetti! Something about it is just really fun to me. Didn’t I warn you that I may be a little weird?
Another thing I love about this is the amount of veggies I can add to this meal, pretty much any veggies you would like to eat can easily be added along with spaghetti squash to make the perfect dinner!
My husband has all sorts of requests for upcoming spaghetti squash recipes so this is your warning that I may have a ton coming your way! This one was a pantry meal of sorts or more like a what I had on hand. I simply added the veggies I had along with some grilled chicken and whipped together this delicious dish!
I also like to keep my spaghetti squash a little crunchier so I avoid steaming it too long; however, it is completely up to your preference.
Spaghetti Squash Medley
- 1 Large Spaghetti Squash About 4 Pounds
- 1 Bag Frozen Snap Pea Stir Fry Veggies
- 1 Cup Frozen Okra
- 2 Cloves Crushed Garlic
- 1 Cup Grilled Chicken Breast Cubed
- Olive Oil
- In a dutch oven or steamer, begin by fully steaming the spaghetti squash. Once it is steamed, scrape out the seeds with a fork. Then, use a fork to scrape out the remaining spaghetti squash and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat up enough olive oil to coat the skillet. Then, add in the frozen veggies and garlic. Let this simmer for 10-15 minutes until the veggies are warm.
- Add in the spaghetti squash and the cooked chicken breast and let simmer an additional 10 minutes.
- Continue tossing in the skillet to coat with olive oil and garlic.
- Serve topped with parsley.
- Serves 4
This post was shared on Make Bake Create!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.