As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
The perfect snack for any day of the week is these Spaghetti Squash Fritters!
I love Spaghetti Squash! Have I told you that lately? My favorite so far is this Spaghetti Squash Chicken Alfredo. I actually like using spaghetti squash more than pasta!
It is also a bonus that it’s a veggie and healthier too!
We absolutely love spaghetti squash, so when I heard about these fritters, I knew I had to try them. In full disclosure, when I originally posted this recipe I was partnered with Cooking Light. At that time, I shared their recipes each month.
Spaghetti Squash Fritters are easy to make gluten-free with gluten-free breadcrumbs, plus they are perfect for snacking.
How do you make Spaghetti Squash Fritters?
The longest part of this recipe is just cooking the spaghetti squash.
The key here is that you can easily make the spaghetti squash in the Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker. All you need to do is place the spaghetti squash in the pot with 1 cup of water. I set this on high pressure for 7 minutes and then it’s done!
This has become my favorite way to quickly cook spaghetti squash.
Now it’s time to whip up a batch of gluten-free Fritters!
- 1 2 Lb Spaghetti Squash
- 1 8 Oz Package of Baby Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Panko or Gluten Free Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp Grated Fresh Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Divided
- Dressing: See original recipe for Sriracha Mayo topping or use your favorite dressing for dipping.
- Instructions Per Cooking Light:
- 1. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds; discard. Place squash halves, cut sides up, in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave at HIGH 20 minutes or until tender. Let stand 10 minutes. Scrape inside of squash with a fork to remove spaghetti-like strands to measure 4 cups.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach to pan; cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Place squash and spinach on a clean dish towel; squeeze until barely moist. Coarsely chop squash mixture, and place in a large bowl. Add panko and next 4 ingredients (through baking powder), and toss well to combine. Place egg whites in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into squash mixture.
- 3. Fill a 1/4-cup dry measuring cup with squash mixture. Invert onto work surface; gently pat into a 3/4-inch-thick patty. Repeat procedure with remaining squash mixture, forming 10 patties total. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add 5 patties to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove patties from pan; keep warm. Repeat the procedure with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and squash patties.