As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
I have an undying love for spaghetti squash. The first time I tried spaghetti squash I was shocked with how wonderful it tasted. Now, I’m hooked to it and could really eat it all the time.
This past week it occurred to me that I could remake my simple pantry style pasta dish and use spaghetti squash instead to create this Spaghetti Squash Bake.
Not only was it so simple, it tasted WAY better than pasta. I’ll be making it regularly like this so hopefully my son will come around to eating it. I tried to tell him it’s just spaghetti when he saw this on the stove. Then, he says, “Mommy…that looks a lot like spaghetti squash.” Of course he says it more like “sp-spetti”…can’t fool him!
I think I nearly ate this whole dish by myself because I ate it for lunch and dinner repeatedly. I could go for some now too!
Time to whip up this delicious meal!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 4 Lb Spaghetti Squash
- 1 26 oz Jar of Pasta Sauce
- 2 Cups Grilled Chicken, Sliced
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs or Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
- In a dutch oven or steamer, begin by fully steaming the spaghetti squash. Once it is steamed, scrape out the seeds with a fork. Then, use a fork to scrape out the remaining spaghetti squash and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Place the spaghetti squash in a large bowl then add in the pasta sauce and chicken mixing well to coat all ingredients with sauce.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Top evenly with cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.