As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Get creative with this fun treat, S’mores Rice Krispie Treats! These are perfect to serve for the family!
Summer may be winding down for some of us and for others it’s still right in the middle. Either way, these S’mores Rice Krispie Treats are one of the BEST summer desserts!
These take your favorite S’mores combined with rice Krispie treats to make one great dessert.
I used to really not enjoy summer because it was so hot, but these days I happen to LOVE it. This summer is much different than years past for obvious reasons, but we are still enjoying dinners outside and fun summer desserts like this one.
Can you make these gluten-free?
S’mores Rice Krispie Treats can be made gluten-free by using Gluten-Free Rice Krispies Cereal. We use Aldi brand as well, which works just as well too. Their brand is naturally gluten-free last time I checked, but as always be sure to check the labels first.
Next, you will want to use gluten-free graham crackers of your choice. I’ve been purchasing these lately on Amazon, but you can also find them sometimes at Walmart too.
What do you need to make S’mores Rice Krispie Treats?
- Rice Krispie Cereal
- Graham Crackers
- Regular Marshmallows
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Mini Marshmallows
- Hershey’s Chocolate Bars
Do you use the broiler for S’mores Rice Krispie Treats?
For the most part, this is a no-bake recipe; however, you will want to broil the marshmallows at the end to get them nice and toasty.
The broiler will need to be on low broil, then they will be broiled for 3 minutes. These are to be watched closely because the heat from the broiler will vary depending on your oven. They only take a few minutes and will be nice and brown.
Ready to make a great treat? Time to make these S’mores Rice Krispie Treats!
- 6 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal or Gluten-Free
- 1 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs or Gluten-Free
- 1 Bag (12oz) Marshmallows
- 6 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Mini Marshmallows for Topping
- 5 Hershey's Chocolate Bars
- Coat a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or butter, coat it well.
- In a large bowl combine the cereal and graham cracker crumbs.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter and regular sized marshmallows.
- Keep it heated over low heat and stir constantly until well melted.
- Pour over the cereal mixture and stir to combine completely.
- Add the mini chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Spread evenly into the pan. (Tip - spraying your hands with non-stick cooking spray to do this helps avoid it from sticking to your hands.)
- Let it cool completely.
- Heat oven up to broil.
- Add the mini marshmallows on top.
- Heat under the broiler for 3 minutes or until the marshmallows are toasted, keep a close watch on this during the 3 minutes.
- Carefully take it out of the oven, and add pieces of chocolate bar on top.
- Let cool completely for 5 minutes and cut into squares.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g