S’mores Pancakes are a sweet way to do breakfast.
There are times when I get these crazy cravings and ideas in my brain, times that I need chocolate like now…and the result? S’mores Pancakes. Oh yes, pancakes filled with chocolate and marshmallow bits along with whipped cream and crushed graham crackers.
I could just stop there because you all need to run and make these, run! Just get over the fact that they may not be healthy at all and do it.
It’s basically safe to say that my kids and my husband LOVED these. Obviously, these are not a regular breakfast food at our home, but on this particular day they were so welcome to join us at the table. We topped them with maple syrup too, I mean we might as well get all the goodness in there.
They are very rich and so delicious. We used gluten free graham crackers to top them with. It was like a heavenly dessert for breakfast because sometimes dessert for breakfast is needed.
It’s especially needed after a very stressful week. The week I made these, I was celebrating that we survived!
Now, are you ready for some?
Go…make them now.
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tsp Baking Powder or Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Marshmallow Bits
- Crushed Graham Crackers or Gluten Free Crushed Graham Crackers
- Whipped Cream
- Combine all ingredients except the syrup, graham crackers, and whipped cream in a bowl mixing well. Let batter sit for about 30 minutes for fluffier pancakes.
- While the batter is sitting about 10 minutes before you are ready to cook begin to heat the griddle or skillet to medium heat and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Spoon out the batter into about sand dollar size and let it cook on one side until the batter begins to bubble, then flip over and cook until done. This typically just takes 2-3 minutes. It should release fairly easily from the griddle and you can be sure that the bottom is browned.
- Continue until all pancake batter is used.
- Serve with warm syrup, crushed graham crackers, and whipped cream.