This last recipe was inspired by my Pinterest Board. I am a steak girl…I love it. It’s one of those things I can’t live without; however, I only have it occasionally. I thought a great way to add a little steak into something we normally do not have steak in would be with these Smokey Mesquite Steak Tacos.
I wanted to focus on a recipe that is family friendly, burst with flavor, and is colorful. One of my family friendly elements is being able to let the kids build their own taco. That’s always nice in our family and usually if the family can build their own they are more likely to all eat it and not be quite so picky!
The key element to these steak tacos is the Kraft Fresh Take! That provided both the breading and cheese for the steak.
Next up, another key element the steak of course! I typically just go with a thin steak. This time I went with a thin round steak, flank steak also works nicely.
At this point, I mixed the Fresh Take breadcrumbs in a bowl with 1/4 cup of water. I had already sliced the steak, then I dipped it into the breading and tossed it in a sprayed skillet. We reserved the Fresh Take cheese to top the tacos with later.
I let this simmer for about 5-10 minutes until the steak was cooked to our preference. Be sure to continue to turn so that it does not burn the bottom of the skillet.
Once the steak was done we simply built our tacos around our favorite toppings! The best part? Instead of topping it with taco sauce or salsa, we loaded on the BBQ sauce!
GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
Now, it gets better! Kraft Fresh Take is hosting a contest that you could win $100 gift card just by letting us know what flavor of Kraft Fresh Take you would like to try!
1. Leave a comment letting us know what flavor of Kraft Fresh Take you want to try!
2. Create a Pinterest Board, like mine here, of your favorite flavor and recipes that inspire you to use it with!
3. Like Mommy Hates Cooking on Facebook.
4. Tweet this to all your friends!
“Enter to win @KraftFoods $100 Gift Card over on @MomHatesCooking http://bit.ly/15xGPNT #KRAFTFreshTake!”
(Leave a separate comment for each that you do and/or your link to the Pinterest board.)
This giveaway begins now and ends on Friday, March 29th at 11:59 CST.
Disclosure: I partnered with Kraft Foods for this post and was compensated for my time and products needed to create this recipe. All thoughts, opinions, and recipe are my own.
Smokey Mesquite BBQ Tacos
- 1 2-3 Lb Thin Steak Round or Flank
- Kraft Smokey Mesquite BBQ Fresh Take
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Taco Shells
- Toppings: Lettuce Tomato, BBQ Sauce
- Start by thinly slicing the steak against the grain.
- Next in a small bowl combine the Fresh Take bread crumbs with 1/4 Cup of water. Coat each piece of steak with the breading. This would be as instructed on the Fresh Take package.
- Spray a skillet with non stick cooking spray or add a small amount of oil to grease the skillet. Then, place the strips of steak in the skillet and let them cook 5-10 minutes or until done to your preference. Continue turning these as they cook to avoid burning.
- Next prepare the tacos using your favorite taco toppings plus the fresh take cheese and BBQ sauce!