A few weeks ago I shared with you about Kraft Fresh Take and used it in my recipe for Country Style Sloppy Joes! This week I had a new challenge using Kraft Fresh Take Smokey Mesquite BBQ in a recipe that would be only 4 ingredients and take 30 minutes or less to make.
I rose to the challenge and came up with these Smokey Mesquite BBQ Chicken Wings! The perfect frugal meal on a busy night!
Look at that only 4 ingredients! The main ingredient is the Fresh Take which will give the wings their flavor and crispy factor. I typically cook wings on 375* for an hour or more; however, after researching it a bit I found that most recipes cook them for 20 minutes at 500*. Guess what? That makes for my less than 30 minute recipe!
The main factor of cooking these is that you want to be sure your chicken is at least 165* in the deepest part of the wings. Ours were well over 200* after cooking for 20 minutes and ready to eat!
Then in a few short minutes they come out of the oven crispy and with kick to them!
The chicken was baked to perfection and my husband was ready to dig in! He could not wait. His favorite part of my job? Being the taste tester!
Are you ready to get started on this quick and easy dinner? Let’s get to this recipe!
Smokey Mesquite BBQ Chicken Wings
- 1 1/2 Pounds Chicken Wings or Wingettes
- 1 Package Kraft Smokey Mesquite BBQ Fresh Take
- BBQ Sauce for Dipping
- 1 Bag of Fries or side of your choice
- Start by preheating the oven to 500*.
- If you are cooking fries, cook them according to the package; however, for mine since the oven time was higher, I cut the cook time in half for the fries.
- Next, foil line a baking dish with sides to place the wings on, also spray it with non stick cooking spray.
- Following the Fresh Take instructions, mix together both parts of the Fresh Take and then dip your chicken wings into the breading/cheese mixture. Place each one on the foil lined baking dish. Reserve about 1/4 of the Fresh Take.
- Place the wings in the oven for 10 minutes, then turn to the other side. At this point some of the breading may have come off while turning them. Use the reserved Fresh Take and sprinkle it evenly over the wings. Be careful as they will be very hot.
- Be sure and check the fries and remove them from the oven.
- Let the wings bake an additional 10-15 minutes until crispy. The internal temperature should be at least 165*.
- Serve with BBQ Sauce for Dipping.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Servings: 2-4 (This will depend on how many wings you plan to eat.)
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
How would you use your Fresh Take?
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Disclosure: I was provided with compensation for my time and products used in this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Comments & Reviews
An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a bit analysis on this. And he in fact purchased me breakfast mainly because I identified it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and enjoy reading additional on this topic. If probable, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with a lot more details? It’s extremely valuable for me. Large thumb up for this weblog post!
[url=http://www.redsolesforsale.com]red sole shoes[/url]