I thought I’d mix up our typical veggie soup and add sausage this time. It turned out nicely, even my toddler was impressed!
This dish could easily serve a crowd of 10, making it extremely affordable.
I served this with soup crackers. It was a nice way to end a long day.
Note: If you do not like a lot of noodles in soup, use 1/2 the box of noodles. Using the entire box does make this soup more noodles than broth; however I preferred it that way.
Come join Soup-a-Palooza at TidyMom and Dine and Dish sponsored by Bush’s Beans, Hip Hostess, Pillsbury and Westminster Crackers.
Smoked Sausage Soup
- 1 lb Cooked Smoked Sausage Sliced and Halved
- 1 lb Medium Pasta Shells or Gluten Free Pasta such as Tinkyada
- 4 Cups Beef Broth
- 2 Cups of Water
- 2 8 oz Cans Tomato Sauce
- 1 14.5 oz Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Frozen Corn
- 2 Large Baking Potatoes Sliced and Halved
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1/2 Tsp Parsley
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
- In a large stock pot pour in the broth and water and bring to boil. Once it begins to boil stir in all remaining ingredients. This should simmer for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Add in the salt/pepper according to your taste. Unless it’s garlic salt, then I usually pass on the salt, but a little pepper compliments this dish nicely.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Cathy (Heritage Hollow) says
Looks Good!!! Thank you for the recipe 🙂
This looks So Good!Hmm, I wonder how many weight watcher point it would be.
Mommy Hates Cooking says
Maybe if you do a different form of sausage like turkey?? It may not be many points.
How would you adjust this for a slow cooker?
I would do it similar to this recipe and be to put the pasta in at the very end of the cook time.
Picture looks like it has carrots in it, but I don’t see any in the recipe.
I didn’t add any in this one. The picture has tomatoes and sausage chunks in it. I think carrots would make a good addition to it though.