As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
I thought I’d mix up our typical veggie soup and add sausage this time. It turned out nicely, even my toddler was impressed!
This dish could easily serve a crowd of 10, making it extremely affordable.
I served this with soup crackers. It was a nice way to end a long day.
Note: If you do not like a lot of noodles in soup, use 1/2 the box of noodles. Using the entire box does make this soup more noodles than broth; however I preferred it that way.
- 1 lb Cooked Smoked Sausage, Sliced and Halved
- 1 lb Medium Pasta Shells or Gluten Free Pasta such as Tinkyada
- 4 Cups Beef Broth
- 2 Cups of Water
- 2 8 oz Cans Tomato Sauce
- 1 14.5 oz Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Frozen Corn
- 2 Large Baking Potatoes, Sliced and Halved
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1/2 Tsp Parsley
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
- In a large stock pot pour in the broth and water and bring to boil. Once it begins to boil stir in all remaining ingredients. This should simmer for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Add in the salt/pepper according to your taste. Unless it’s garlic salt, then I usually pass on the salt, but a little pepper compliments this dish nicely.