As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
In the past when I make Spaghetti, I have always used store bought meatballs. However, I am learning that it is much healthier and easier to make my own.
Thanks to Roseann for sending me this meatball recipe. I adapted it a bit, but overall it’s very similar to the original and tasty!
Note: If you prefer to have liquid in the slow cooker with the meatballs, you can add the marinara sauce in with the meatballs.
- 1 lb of Ground Turkey
- 2 Egg Whites
- 3 Tbsp of Minced Onion or 1 Cup of Fresh Chopped Onion 1 Cup of Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tsp of Garlic Powder
- Angel Hair Pasta or Gluten Free Pasta
- 1 Jar of Marinara Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Mix all of the ingredients together and form small balls, then I put them in the slow cooker on high for 4 hours. I would then cook on low for an hour to be sure they are fully cooked. This was a great alternative to using the oven or being short on time and using store bought meatballs. They were ready by the time I was home from work. You can also make extra and freeze for future use.
- While the meatballs were in the slow cooker, I boiled 4 cups of water with 8 oz of angel hair pasta. I drained the pasta and put back in the pot. I warmed a 26oz jar of marinara sauce and then added this to the pasta. I mixed the cooked meatballs in and added a little mozzarella cheese to the top of the dish. There you have it, Spaghetti with Slow Cooker Meatballs.