As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
This past week, I thought I would remake my Slow Cooker Cornish Hen recipe that I posted many moons ago when I first started this website. At that time, I used some marinades to make them; however, this time I wanted to stick to herbs and spices.
As I was looking for some herbs to put on the hens, I knew that Rosemary was going to be the main focus of it. I am a lover of rosemary in just about any meal. I knew this would make the perfect flavor plus make the house smell delicious!
I love making this meal because it seems like it’s a very labor intensive dinner with the fabulous taste and look of the dish; however, really the slow cooker is doing all the work! This is also a great slow cooker meal that can be prepped the day before. For instance when I make this I get everything ready the night before then I just put it in the cooker and turn it on before I leave in the morning.
- 2 Cornish Hens
- 1/4 Cup of Italian Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary
- 1 Tsp Sage
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1/4 Cup of Water
- 1 Can of Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Baby Carrots
- 3 Medium Sized Potatoes, Cubed
- Spray a 5 Quart slow cooker with non stick cooking spray then place the hens in the cooker.
- Next, pour the dressing over the hens and coat with the herbs evenly. Then add in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and let this cook on low for 8 hours.
- Note: For us this serves 2, I basically assume 1 hen per guest.
Enjoy this delicious dinner!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.