Slow Cooker Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes make a quick, simple, and delicious dinner!
I have a confession to make, I am addicted to Rosemary! I love the smell and being that I’m pregnant that’s a huge plus!
So, when I looked in my freezer to find chicken drumsticks and in my fridge to see new potatoes and lemon plus rosemary in my pantry, I knew I was on to something!
These Slow Cooker Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes are a delicious way to do dinner in a pinch.
Lately, we have been so busy. Is it that way for you? I feel like that’s basically the story of our lives at this point. I am just starting to realize how hard it is to really get dinner on the table now that both my kids are in activities.
I originally posted this recipe back in 2012, it’s fun to read back on what I had wrote then with it too. My daughter was still a bun in the oven then and now she’s 5! She’s about to start Kindergarten this next year.
I just enrolled her last week. That was more emotional than what I expected. It seems like when they start elementary the years just start passing by.
When this was originally posted, my son was just about to start Pre-K and now he’s in 3rd grade!
How to Make Slow Cooker Rosemary Chicken & Potatoes
Let’s get back to this meal, it’s similar to a pantry style meal. I almost always have everything I need for this on hand. If you prefer a crispier chicken, you can lightly brown the chicken in a skillet before adding to the slow cooker.
If you are like me though, I like to just put it all in and let the slow cooker do all the work.
I typically will add some green beans to this as well for a little more veggies, but you can also serve it as is or with a salad.
Looking for an Instant Pot Recipe?
Be sure to also try these Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken Drumsticks!
Note: This post has been updated in 2018.
Pin it for later –
Slow Cooker Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes
- 6 Chicken Drumsticks
- 6 New Red Potatoes halved
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Clove Pressed Garlic
- 1 Lemon halved
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, being by spraying it with non stick spray. Next, place the potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Then, top the potatoes with the chicken drumsticks. Pour the olive oil evenly over the potatoes and chicken then add in the rosemary, oregano, and garlic.
- Adjust the measurements as well if you use more or less potatoes and chicken.
- Lastly, squeeze the lemon juice of half a lemon evenly over the potatoes and chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve with sliced lemon to garnish.
- This serves 4-6, if you prefer 2 drumsticks each then up the drumsticks and potatoes to 8 and it will serve 4.