As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
I mentioned before that I am really working to do more pantry style meals using what I have on hand. That’s exactly how this Slow Cooker Raspberry Orange Chicken came to be!
I told my husband I have chicken and it’s in the slow cooker. That’s it. That’s all I have. Then, I started to look through my fridge and the pantry. I found several red potatoes, so I sliced those up and added them to the cooker.
The next step was to find something to marinade that chicken in.
What did I find?
Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing! Perfect! I added the dressing to the chicken then I found an orange, that will work! I squeezed the orange over the chicken then added orange zest. Next up, rosemary! A little rosemary makes chicken taste absolutely fabulous.
Guess what? When we got home that evening dinner was done and it was so tasty! It was juicy and full of flavor. Plus, I already had my veggie with it too. Of course you can always add some more veggies if you would like too.
Now are you ready to make this easy meal?
Happy Slow Cooker Day!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 2 Medium Sized Chicken Breast
- 4 Red Potatoes, Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/2 Orange, Squeezed
- 1 Tbsp Orange Zest
- 1 Tsp Dried Rosemary
- Begin by spraying a 5 quart slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Next, place the chicken on the bottom of the cooker and the potatoes on top of the chicken.
- Then, pour the dressing evenly over the chicken and potatoes. Squeeze the juice of half an orange over the chicken and potatoes.
- Sprinkle the orange zest and rosemary evenly over the chicken and potatoes.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 17g