Once I made the Slow Cooker Cheesesteak Sandwiches, I felt like I just had to have that meal again but with Chicken! Now, I love steak, really I dream steak, but on the side of healthy I try to keep some balance and eat chicken and lean meats too.
That lead me to try these Philly Chicken and Cheese sandwiches, thanks to my slow cooker they require very minimal work!
I served our Philly Chicken Sandwiches on Udi’s Gluten Free Hamburger Buns. This is an easy, tasty recipe to make gluten free or if you are not gluten free serve on your favorite hoagie!
Slow Cooker Philly Chicken and Cheese
- 2 Medium Sized Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1/2 White Onion Diced
- 1 Red Pepper Sliced
- 1 Green Pepper Sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce Gluten Free if Needed
- 1 14.5 oz Can of Chicken Broth
- Laughing Cow Queso Fresco and Chipotle Cheese Wedges
- Hoagies or Gluten Free Hamburger Buns
- In a 4 quart slow cooker, place the chicken on the bottom, then add in the white onions, peppers, garlic powder, butter, Worcestershire sauce, and chicken broth.
- Cover and let this cook on low for 6-8 hours until the chicken is fully cooked and easily shreds.
- Spread the cheese on a hoagie or gluten free bun then top with the mixture. Use a slotted spoon to remove from the crock pot to avoid the juices making the bread soggy.
I am really enjoying trying new recipes and adapting some of my old ones to gluten free. Sometimes it’s challenging but in the end trying new recipes is something that keeps me going!
Now I would love to know, what do you enjoy most about trying something new?
For your chance to win a $350 William Sonoma gift card to purchase a Kitchen Aid Mixer or other gluten free cooking tool of your choice, complete these two steps:
2. Tell us that you’ve invited your friends to enter the Look Again, It’s Gluten Free Recipe Contest AND tell us what you enjoy most about trying something new below.