Remember all that chicken I had leftover from my Chicken Carnitas? Guess what?
It makes a delicious Chicken Chili!
My husband loved this because there was actually SPICE in his chili! I hardly ever make anything spicy, so the chicken gave it a burst of spicy!
We used this chili with cornbread, corn chips, and with nachos! It can be re-purposed in a variety of ways which is just another reason why I love making big pots of chili in the fall and winter!
This was the first official pot of chili that I have made this season and I foresee many more to come!
The best part is that I was able to reuse frozen chicken that we cooked and froze! That pairs two of my favorite cooking methods, slow cooker & freezer cooking!
I did mention that those two methods are saving my life right now…right?
As my daughter gets more and more mobile, dinner time just gets more complicated.
I may be going back to what I used to do many years ago with my son…cooking during nap time!
Nap time is a beautiful thing. Now, why don’t adults get naps? Why do the ‘text books’ and ‘society’ seem to think we need to grow out of naps at some point?
I need a nap.
Now…for some chili!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Chili
- 2 Cups Shredded Cooked Chicken Can reuse chicken carnitas
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning
- 2 16 oz Cans Chili Beans
- 1 10 oz Can Mild Rotel
- 1 15 oz Can Black Beans
- 1 14.5 oz Can Chicken Broth
- 2 Tsp Minced Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Cup of Ketchup
- Toppings: Corn Chips Cheese, Sour Cream, Cornbread
- 1. Begin by heating up the shredded chicken in a greased skillet and add in the taco seasoning according to the package.
- 2. Once the chicken is cooked, add in the chicken and all remaining ingredients into the slow cooker.
- 3. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- 4. Serve topped with cheese, corn chips, and/or cornbread.