Remember all that chicken I had leftover from my Chicken Carnitas? Guess what?
It makes a delicious Chicken Chili!
My husband loved this because there was actually SPICE in his chili! I hardly ever make anything spicy, so the chicken gave it a burst of spicy!
We used this chili with cornbread, corn chips, and with nachos! It can be re-purposed in a variety of ways which is just another reason why I love making big pots of chili in the fall and winter!
This was the first official pot of chili that I have made this season and I foresee many more to come!
The best part is that I was able to reuse frozen chicken that we cooked and froze! That pairs two of my favorite cooking methods, slow cooker & freezer cooking!
I did mention that those two methods are saving my life right now…right?
As my daughter gets more and more mobile, dinner time just gets more complicated.
I may be going back to what I used to do many years ago with my son…cooking during nap time!
Nap time is a beautiful thing. Now, why don’t adults get naps? Why do the ‘text books’ and ‘society’ seem to think we need to grow out of naps at some point?
I need a nap.
Now…for some chili!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Chili
- 2 Cups Shredded Cooked Chicken Can reuse chicken carnitas
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning
- 2 16 oz Cans Chili Beans
- 1 10 oz Can Mild Rotel
- 1 15 oz Can Black Beans
- 1 14.5 oz Can Chicken Broth
- 2 Tsp Minced Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Cup of Ketchup
- Toppings: Corn Chips Cheese, Sour Cream, Cornbread
1. Begin by heating up the shredded chicken in a greased skillet and add in the taco seasoning according to the package.
2. Once the chicken is cooked, add in the chicken and all remaining ingredients into the slow cooker.
3. Cook on low for 8 hours.
4. Serve topped with cheese, corn chips, and/or cornbread.