As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
I love a good stuffed baked potato, do you? I love them especially during the winter. These are somewhat of a comfort food to me, I can load them up with my favorite toppings and they are warm and filling.
While we were in the process of moving, I bought a huge Pork Roast, a 15 pounder! My intent was to fix it in the slow cooker while everyone was helping us move in to feed them however, I never got around to it. So, this past week I decided to pull out that baby and pop it in the slow cooker. Have you ever tried to fit a 15 lb roast into a 5 quart slow cooker? Yeah, me either. I ended up having to maneuver it a bit and cut it down so that it would fit properly. Luckily, it eventually fit and we ended up with one of the juiciest roast I have ever tasted.
I was also thrilled that I now have my freezer packed with the meat from it so that I can reuse it for more recipes.
For this roast, I wanted to do something a bit different than my typical BBQ Pork Roast, so I decided to add a little mexi twist with Rotel, Taco Seasoning, and Taco Sauce.
Delicious, of course!
Now, to top it off, I made corn salsa to garnish the potatoes with. It gave it another added element of flare to knock these potatoes to the next level.
By the time I ate that HUGE potato…I wanted another one. I won’t lie, I was really wishing I wasn’t done yet and could have seconds, only my diet says otherwise. Lucky for me, we had leftovers so I got to enjoy this beauty a few times.
I’m going to share the recipe using a 5 – 10 lb Pork Roast, since I cut ours down a bit; however, it’s very simple to adjust the ingredients depending on the size you use or you can just use the same amount and it will still work well.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 5-10 Lb Pork Roast
- 1 14.5 Oz Can of Rotel
- 1 Cup Green Taco Sauce
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning
- Corn Salsa:
- 2 cups frozen corn, cooked and thawed
- 1 14.5- oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 15- oz. can black beans, drained
- ¼ cup fresh-cut cilantro
- Fresh lime
- Baked Potatoes, Already Cooked
- Potato Toppings: Sour Cream, Cheese, Butter, Pepper
- To make the Corn Salsa:
- In a large bowl mix the corn, tomatoes, black beans, and cilantro. Cut the lime in half and squeeze the lime juice onto the corn salsa and mix. The olive oil can be added for additional flavor.
- To make the Roast:
- Place the roast in a 5-6 quart slow cooker, then top it with the ingredients evenly. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until tender. It should shred easily. Once it is done, shred the roast and serve over the potatoes with your choice of toppings and the corn salsa.