A fan on Facebook a few weeks ago mentioned that she was having Slow Cooker Meatloaf, I immediately thought that sounded delicious. Meatloaf normally takes quite a while in the oven, so what better way to cook it and have it ready for dinner time!
I would recommend using lean ground beef if you do not you need to use a slotted spoon to take out of the slow cooker to avoid all the grease.
Slow Cooker Meatloaf
- 2 Lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 Cup Plain Dry Oats (or certified gluten free oats)
- 1 16oz Jar of Pasta Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup White Onion, Chopped
- In a large bowl combine the ground beef, egg whites, oats, and form your loaf to fit the size of the slow cooker.
- Spray the slow cooker with nonstick spray, then place the loaf in. Pour 1/2 of the pasta sauce over the top of the loaf and sprinkle with brown sugar and chopped onion.
- Let this cook for 8 hours on low. I served it topped with the additional pasta sauce.
The nutritional breakdown for this recipes comes from MyFitnessPal.com and it is a rough estimate based on the ingredients you use.
Assuming your meatloaf makes 8 servings you will be eating 1 serving with 275 Calories, 12g of Fat, 15g Carbs, and 27g Protein.