A first for us but a soup that I have been looking forward to trying for a while now is Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup. I thought I would try to adapt my Mom’s Easy Lasagna recipe into a soup. Guess what? It worked!
This tasted like a warm delicious slice of lasagna heaven.
Even better is that I had to do very little work to make this tasty dish.
Did I mention I have a mobile baby now?
Yes, very mobile.
What does this mean?
I can kiss the dreams of cooking dinner in peace goodbye! We have a baby gate on the side of our kitchen that leads in from our playroom to keep my daughter from crawling into the kitchen. As soon as I start dinner it never fails that she entertains herself perfectly fine then I start dinner. Then she stands up on the side of the gate looking all pitiful like I locked her in jail. Well, I can’t live with myself looking into those sparkly blue eyes so she usually wins! That means, I need quick dinners, slow cooker meals, or daddy to the rescue!
Typically it’s daddy to the rescue but as we get closer to the holidays my husband’s work day gets later and later, which means he is normally coming in ready for dinner!
So, the slow cooker wins! This soup did not disappoint, it was perfect for a very cold day. It would be delicious paired with garlic bread or french bread. I opted to try it with gluten free flavored bagel chips. They were perfect! So, you could also use bagel chips too.
One thing to remember when making this is soup is always put the noodles in within 30 minutes of finishing up the cook time and do not set the slow cooker to warm, be sure to remove the soup from the cooker or your noodles will continue to swell up in the slow cooker.
Are you ready for this yummy dinner?
Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
- 1 Lb Ground Beef, Cooked & Drained
- 24 Oz Jar of Prego Meat Sauce or Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 Tsp Dried Basil
- 1 Cup Fresh Spinach
- 1 Garlic Clove, Crushed
- 6 Cups Water, Divided
- 12 Oz Lasagna Noodles or Gluten Free Lasagna Noodles, Broken into smaller pieces
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Bagel Chips or Bread (or Gluten Free Options)
- In a 5 quart slow cooker mix the ground beef, spaghetti sauce, basil, spinach, garlic, and 4 cups of water.
- Cook this on low for 6-8 hours.
- In the last 30 minutes of cook time, add in the broken lasagna noodles and 2 cups of water.
- Be sure that all the noodles are soaked under the water. Cover and cook for the remaining 30 minutes or until noodles are fully cooked.
- Serve topped with cheese and bread or bagel chips.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.Disclaimer: This post contains links to products that I recommend. Many of those links may be affiliate links. In using those links, it does support the ongoing post and recipes shared on this website.