Slow Cooker Italian Stew is the perfect choice for dinner!
Fall weather seems to be arriving here at least for now. I’ve already been celebrating though. I absolutely LOVE fall. I love the crisp air, the wardrobe, and the food. Oh yes, the food.
We started our fall off early by enjoying a Slow Cooker Italian Style Stew, which was a nice, refreshing change of pace to our typical stew. I love using my slow cooker this time of year as we are just completely busy in the evenings during dinner time. I feel like as soon as we are getting home from school it’s immediately moving to dinner time, so having dinner already done is just a load off my shoulders!
We served our stew with a side of cornbread; however, this would actually taste amazing with a side of garlic bread or french bread. I was secretly craving that, but I already had cornbread ready to go so we just went with it.
Are you ready for a tasty, easy stew for dinner?
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Slow Cooker Italian Style Stew
- 1 Lb Stew Meat
- 1/2 Cup Red Cooking Wine
- 1/2 Cup Chopped White Onion
- 1 Cup Sliced Sweet Peppers
- 1 14.5 oz Can of Basil Oregano, & Garlic Diced Tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz Can of Beef Broth
- Additional Water or Broth
- 1 Tbsp Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- Shredded Italian Cheese
- Garlic Bread French Bread, Cornbread (Optional)
- Combine all ingredients up to the beef broth in a 5-6qt Slow Cooker. Once all ingredients are added, add the additional water or broth to come up just above the meat. In a 6 quart slow cooker, I typically add 2 cups of water.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. In the last 30 minutes of cooking, mix in the flour to allow the stew to thicken a bit.
- Top with cheese.
- Serve with garlic bread or side of your choice.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!