Slow Cooker Italian Stew is the perfect choice for dinner!
Fall weather seems to be arriving here at least for now. I’ve already been celebrating though. I absolutely LOVE fall. I love the crisp air, the wardrobe, and the food. Oh yes, the food.
We started our fall off early by enjoying a Slow Cooker Italian Style Stew, which was a nice, refreshing change of pace to our typical stew. I love using my slow cooker this time of year as we are just completely busy in the evenings during dinner time. I feel like as soon as we are getting home from school it’s immediately moving to dinner time, so having dinner already done is just a load off my shoulders!
We served our stew with a side of cornbread; however, this would actually taste amazing with a side of garlic bread or french bread. I was secretly craving that, but I already had cornbread ready to go so we just went with it.
Are you ready for a tasty, easy stew for dinner?
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Slow Cooker Italian Style Stew
- 1 Lb Stew Meat
- 1/2 Cup Red Cooking Wine
- 1/2 Cup Chopped White Onion
- 1 Cup Sliced Sweet Peppers
- 1 14.5 oz Can of Basil Oregano, & Garlic Diced Tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz Can of Beef Broth
- Additional Water or Broth
- 1 Tbsp Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- Shredded Italian Cheese
- Garlic Bread French Bread, Cornbread (Optional)
- Combine all ingredients up to the beef broth in a 5-6qt Slow Cooker. Once all ingredients are added, add the additional water or broth to come up just above the meat. In a 6 quart slow cooker, I typically add 2 cups of water.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. In the last 30 minutes of cooking, mix in the flour to allow the stew to thicken a bit.
- Top with cheese.
- Serve with garlic bread or side of your choice.