I have become a slow cooker addict recently. It seems the closer I get to the holidays the more busy life becomes and without my slow cooker we would be eating cereal every night! I recently discovered that steaks can become very tasty in the slow cooker thanks to Stephanie O’dea’s post on Slow Cooker Peppercorn Steaks.
I did adapt this recipes a bit as I was going for a little bit of a different flavor. I will say that they tasted delicious; however, it was more similar to roast to me as opposed to a grilled steak. I enjoy the tenderness though and it paired nicely with potatoes to make a great easy dinner.
Note: I use the Italian Seasoning packets found near the salad dressing, they are dry seasonings. If you want you can substitute it for 1 Tbsp of Italian Seasoning of your choice.
Enjoy this delicious dish!
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Slow Cooker Italian Steaks
- 3-4 Round Steaks
- 1 Package of Italian Seasoning
- 1 15 oz Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Worcestershire Sauce Be sure to use Gluten Free if needed.
- 1/2 Cup Beef Broth
- 1 Green Pepper Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Mushrooms Sliced
- Spray slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Place steaks on the bottom of the slow cooker and add in all of the remaining ingredients. I used a 4 quart slow cooker. Let this cook on low for 8 hours.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking