As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
I have become a slow cooker addict recently. It seems the closer I get to the holidays the more busy life becomes and without my slow cooker we would be eating cereal every night! I recently discovered that steaks can become very tasty in the slow cooker thanks to Stephanie O’dea’s post on Slow Cooker Peppercorn Steaks.
I did adapt this recipes a bit as I was going for a little bit of a different flavor. I will say that they tasted delicious; however, it was more similar to roast to me as opposed to a grilled steak. I enjoy the tenderness though and it paired nicely with potatoes to make a great easy dinner.
Note: I use the Italian Seasoning packets found near the salad dressing, they are dry seasonings. If you want you can substitute it for 1 Tbsp of Italian Seasoning of your choice.
Enjoy this delicious dish!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 3-4 Round Steaks
- 1 Package of Italian Seasoning
- 1 15 oz Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Worcestershire Sauce, Be sure to use Gluten Free if needed.
- 1/2 Cup Beef Broth
- 1 Green Pepper, Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Mushrooms, Sliced
- Spray slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Place steaks on the bottom of the slow cooker and add in all of the remaining ingredients. I used a 4 quart slow cooker. Let this cook on low for 8 hours.