As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Slow Cooker Honey Ginger Chicken is by far one of the best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes or Crock Pot Chicken Recipes. It’s absolutely delicious, melts in your mouth! This is the best kind of weeknight dinner.
I love my slow cooker…love, love, love it! Now, I actually love it even more that I’m no longer pregnant because when I was pregnant I was so nauseated all the time that I had to leave it in the garage to cook. I could not stand the smell all day long! This Slow Cooker Honey Ginger Chicken though…it will be drawing you in all day.
The day I made BBQ Chicken in the slow cooker while I was pregnant and left it in my house was the last day I ever did that again! It was at that moment that it had a permanent cooking spot on top of our deep freeze in the garage. Luckily, now that the baby has arrived our slow cooker has moved back into its home in the kitchen, and I enjoy the smell again!
When I made this dish, I had originally set out to make Slow Cooker Honey Dijon Chicken but changed my mind, so guess what? That one will be coming soon!
I adapted this recipe and made it to fit my husband and I, plus I used chicken breast as opposed to chicken thighs. I made this recipe to serve 2; however, the sauce is enough that it can easily serve 4 with more chicken. The chicken will come out juicy, tender and bursting with delicious flavor!
Slow Cooker Honey Ginger Chicken
Are you ready to make this? Simply, pop it in the slow cooker when you leave to work and come home to dinner!
Since I posted this recipe, the Instant Pot has quickly risen to fame. I just recently tried this in the Instant Pot and it did not disappoint. It actually may be my favorite Instant Pot recipe!
I added the notes to adapt this to the Instant Pot within the recipe card, it’s very simple to do and truly is a delicious dinner.
You will probably also enjoy this Slow Cooker Crack Chicken.
Be sure to check out even more delicious Slow Cooker Recipes!
- 2-4 Medium Size Chicken Breast, Use your preference on boneless or bone-in/skinless or with skin
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce or Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1 Clove Crushed Garlic
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 8 oz Can of Pineapple Chunks, Reserve Juice
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Cooked Rice, optional
- Spray a 5 quart slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken in the slow cooker. Then add in the honey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, ginger, and pineapple juice. Save the chunks to garnish the dish at the end.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once done, remove the chicken and place on a plate. Then, stir the juice in the slow cooker (sauce) with cornstarch to thicken it just a bit.
- Serve the chicken over a bed of rice, garnish with pineapple chunks and drizzle with sauce.