As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Prior to having our baby girl, my husband and I prepared several freezer meals that we could easily make after we had her. I’m happy to say that now that we are just about a month past having her we still have a freezer of meals! I absolutely love the feeling of being able to simply warm something up that I have already prepared.
One of our favorite ways to prepare freezer meals was for the slow cooker. As with many of the slow cooker meals, we simply prepped the meal and then put it in a Ziploc freezer bag and put it in the freezer. That was the case with this meal as well, we prepped it then poured it into the slow cooker when we were ready to eat it.
If you are one that does not like your food mixed then this recipe is not for you; however, if you love ham and sweet potatoes then this is the perfect dish! I loved this casserole as it was nice for this season.
I found this recipe in a cookbook my mom gave me many years ago, “Busy People Slow Cooker Cookbook” by Dawn Hall.
- 1 40 oz Can of Yams in Syrup, Drained
- 1 1/2 Pounds Smoked Ham, Cut into Chunks
- 1 20 oz Can of Pineapple Chunks, Drained
- 1/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- Cinnamon, Optional
- Spray the slow cooker with non stick cooking spray, then add in all ingredients with a dash of cinnamon.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until well heated through.
- Serve sprinkled with cinnamon on top.
- Serves 4
Recipe Source: Busy People Slow Cooker Cookbook by Dawn Hall
Enjoy this quick and easy dish!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.