Make the BEST Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas, perfect for a simple meal!
Fajitas are one of my favorite meals, we love to make them in either the Air Fryer or Slow Cooker. Today I’m going to share all about making these in the Slow Cooker or Crockpot!
The first thing to do is to get a reliable Crockpot or Slow Cooker, then it’s time to prep these and set it and forget it!
Tips for Making Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas:
These are going to cook all day, then simply shred them and add them right into a corn tortilla or in a burrito. This meat is also great on a rice bowl or lettuce too.
We make this recipe with boneless, skinless chicken thighs; however, you can also use chicken breast too. We have found though chicken thighs tend to be juicier and do not dry out like chicken breast tends to.
The meat can really be used in any way that you prefer.
When you shred the meat, it’s best to mix it up well with the liquid that is left in the slow cooker.
For additional zest, add a little squeezed lime juice right on top with some cilantro.
This really is a no-fail recipe, super simple, and easy to use the meat for a variety of meals!
Can you put raw chicken in the slow cooker?
Raw chicken can be put in the slow cooker and cooks on low for 6-8 hours. It needs to reach an internal temperature of at least 165*F.
This can be checked with a meat thermometer.
Can this be done as a freezer meal?
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas can be done as a freezer meal with a variety of options. If you prefer, you can go ahead and prep the entire meal.
That means using a freezer-safe storage bag, adding the chicken, vegetables, and seasonings all into the bag. When you are ready to cook it simply place it in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
The other option is to cook the meal as instructed in the recipe and store the meat in a freezer-safe storage bag. Simply defrost and warm up before serving.
Now it’s time for some Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas!
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- 2 Lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 3 Bell Peppers Sliced
- 1/4 Cup White Onion Diced
- 2 Tbsp Gluten-Free Taco Seasoning or Taco Seasoning Packet
- Tortillas Sour Cream, Cilantro, Cheese, Salsa, Etc.
- Spray or line a 6-quart slow cooker with non-stick spray or lining.
- Place the vegetables on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Top evenly with the chicken.
- Sprinkle evenly with the seasoning.
- Cover and Cook on low for at least 6 hours up to 8 hours. The internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 165*F before serving.
- Shred the chicken with a fork before serving.