As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorites. I know I say that a lot, but it is! This soup did not disappoint either. My husband and I enjoyed the leftovers from this soup for lunch most of the week.
Serve this soup with the baked tortillas and cheese. It is sure to be a family favorite!
Have your own Soup Swap, be sure and check it out!
- 2 Large Chicken Breast, Uncooked
- 1 14 oz Can of Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups of Water
- 1 14.5 oz Can of Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 Cup Brown Rice
- 2 Cups Frozen Corn
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Servings: 8
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker except the rice, placing the chicken on top. This will cook on low for 4 hours, then remove chicken, let cool, and shred. Place shredded chicken back into the crock pot and continue cooking for 2 more hours. The chicken will be so tender it will simply fall apart making shredding very easy. Add the rice within the last 30 minutes of cook time.
- I sprayed corn tortilla’s with spray butter and then cut them into long slices. I baked these in the oven for 10 minutes at 375*.