A few weeks back I tried a different variation of my Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs, this time I replaced the turkey with ground chicken. I enjoyed this much more than using the turkey. I have a hard time getting used to the texture of ground turkey; however, I LOVE ground chicken.
I served these meatballs on top of spaghetti with a little pasta sauce and cheese. It was a simple way to fix dinner without a lot of work, plus spaghetti and meatballs is a kid favorite around our house.
Slow Cooker Chicken Meatballs
- 1 Lb Ground Chicken
- 2 Egg Whites
- 3 Tbsp Minced Onion
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Cup Italian Breadcrumbs or Gluten Free Breadcrumbs
- 1 Cup Pasta Sauce
- 16 Oz Spaghetti Noodles Cooked and Drained (Tinkyada for Gluten Free)
- Remaining Jar of Pasta Sauce
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients in order together, do not add the sauce, then form balls. I use an ice cream scoop to form the meatballs as it's about the size you will want them to be.
- Next spray your slow cooker with a good coat of non stick spray and place the meatballs in the slow cooker.
- Pour the cup of pasta sauce over them and let them cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Once you are ready to serve these, simply serve over spaghetti with pasta sauce.
Now, have you tried ground chicken yet? I have several recipes including Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup that use it and I really like it more than I like ground beef!