Slow Cooker Chicken Marinara is a simple go-to for your crockpot or slow cooker!
Do you love super simple slow cooker meals? I do! Lately, we have been SO busy that dinner time has been a struggle. Yes, even for someone that cooks a lot it’s still hard sometimes to get dinner on the table.
My husband has started his extra job during the summer months and it takes up almost all of his evening, so this means I’m left to wrangle the kids, get homework done, all the nightly duties, and dinner too… it can be tough!
I know almost all of us have those same challenges. The good thing is my handy dandy slow cooker can really help a mama out!
This past week, I went with a very easy version of Slow Cooker Chicken Marinara.
Just before dinner was ready, I made a little bit of pasta mixed with marinara sauce to serve with our chicken. This pairs well with salad or corn. My kids prefer corn but I like a good salad with this dish.
What do you need for Slow Cooker Chicken Marinara?
- Chicken Drumsticks
- Marinara Sauce
- Bell Pepper
- Garlic Salt
- Pasta or Gluten Free Pasta
- Parmesan Cheese
Ready for dinner? Time to eat!
Slow Cooker Chicken Marinara
- 6 Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 26 oz Jar of Marinara Sauce Divided
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Sliced
- 1 Clove Garlic Crushed
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Salt
- Prepared Pasta with Marinara Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Parsley to Garnish
- Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray, place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Top it with 3/4 jar of marinara sauce, bell pepper, garlic, and garlic salt.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve over cooked pasta with marinara sauce, then sprinkle the chicken with Parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with Parsley.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Andrea Reed says
This is great! Made this last night. Super easy and very tasty!! Thanks!
Mommy Hates Cooking says
So glad you enjoyed it!