As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Warm up with a bowl of Slow Cooker Beef & Veggie Soup!
It’s officially soup season or at least it is at my house! Is it at yours? It’s time to enjoy this Slow Cooker Beef & Veggie Soup. This post was originally posted in 2013, I’m sharing it again today.
This is by far my favorite time of the year even with the hectic schedules and busy upcoming holiday season! Not to mention, planning the best Tweeter-ific First Birthday Party…ever! I may go overboard, but I’m okay with that!
In all of the busy life happenings around here lately that means one my favorite beef & veggie soup needed to be made even easier than normal!
What did I do? Tossed it in the slow cooker! That means little work on my part and by the end of the day we had a batch of warm cornbread and soup!
How to Make Slow Cooker Beef & Veggie Soup
This soup is my grandma’s recipe. She used to bring it to our house this time of year when I was a kid in big pitchers. She always used anything she had in the cupboards for it too!
I know that we all looked forward to it at our house and it was a happy day when grandma was bringing soup over.
She no longer makes it like she used to so now, I make it. Then, my parents come over and my dad takes jars of it back home to enjoy that wonderful soup.
I know it seems strange to say this about food but it brings back memories each time I enjoy this soup.
When making this you will want to add salt and/or pepper to your taste. We are not a salt family at all, so it’s very rare we will ever add it. I just enjoy it poured over homemade cornbread!
Here are a few of my favorite items to use for this, remember these are affiliate links.
We pour this soup into these mason jars and take over to family members as well!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 1 Lb Ground Beef, Cooked and Drained
- 1 14.5 oz Can of Beef Broth
- 4 Cups Water
- 1 15 oz Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- 4 Potatoes, Cubed
- 1/2 Lb Baby Carrots, Sliced if preferred
- 2 Stalks of Celery, Diced
- 1 Diced Tomato or 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 White Onion, Sliced
- 1/2 Cup White Cooking Wine
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 1 Cup Pasta or Gluten Free Pasta
- This can be any type such as elbow macaroni or penne. Be sure to reserve until the last 1/2 hour of cooking time.
- Begin by spraying the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add in all of the ingredients in order, but do not add in the pasta.
- Let this cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the veggies are soft.
- Add in the pasta in the last 30 minutes of cook time. Be sure to remove or set to warm after 30 minutes so that the pasta does not overcook.
- Serve topped over cornbread or with crackers.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 400Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 602mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 7gSugar: 7gProtein: 23g