Have you heard of eMeals? I have mentioned them a few times in the past, and this week I tried out another one of their recipes. eMeals makes menu planning simple for a variety of reasons. One of those being that they actually send you the menu plan for the week based on your preference, plus you can also base it on what store you will be shopping at. Then, the menu plan includes the grocery list and even the prices! Can you believe that?
I printed off one this past week for Walmart and it actually showed me my estimated total based on the typical price of each item at Walmart. I was shocked. Not only does it take the work out of it for you on menu planning but it also allows you to budget accordingly.
This week I tried the recipe for the Slow Cooker Apricot Pork Chops. Although I do love the side item suggestions for their recipes, I typically do simple sides like steamed veggies. I decided to stick with simply the carrots that were in the crock pot with these pork chops on this one. Then, I also served it with a slice of bread and butter.
Pork Chops are a very affordable meal, which is one of the bonuses of this recipe. Plus, the stress of my day just falls off when I use a slow cooker!
Time for dinner!
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Disclosure: Affiliate links were used in this post.
Slow Cooker Apricot Pork Chops
- 3 Cups Sliced Carrots
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion Thickly Sliced
- 1 1/2 Lb Center Cut Pork Chops I used 2 Pork Chops
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 18 oz Jar of Sugar-Free Apricot Preserves
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme Leaves Chopped
- Spray a 5 quart slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Place the carrots and onions on the bottom.
- Then season the pork chops with the salt and pepper and place those on top.
- Next, combine the broth, preserves, mustard, and thyme in a small bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the pork chops.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, then serve.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!