Disclosure: This is a compensated post written on behalf of Mom it Forward with MIRACLE WHIP. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
It’s nearly the 4th of July; can you believe how fast summer is going by? I feel like I am going to blink and school will be starting. I am going to have a Kindergartner this year, and I am still in denial about that too. I’ll probably be accepting the fact he even started school about the time he graduates high school.
It’s crunch time though; we have just a little over a month left to soak up all the summer fun and outdoors.
The summer months around our house mean nearly all-outdoor grilling. We like to grill a variety but the favorite is by far, Burgers!
I enjoy getting creative with our burgers and going outside the standard burger with cheese and pickles. Recently, we decided to whip up these Slaw Burgers from MIRACLE WHIP.
Did you know that by adding a new element like slaw to a burger it could knock a boring old burger out of the park? It certainly can and does!
One thing I love about the Slaw Burgers is there is leftover slaw, which makes a great side dish too for those that may opt for the basic burger.
Adding slaw to the burgers gives the burger a bit more depth and crunch. I even enjoy adding a little BBQ sauce along with the slaw to mine. The more toppings, the better!
I enjoyed that this slaw recipe included Crushed Pineapple too. It added a sweet aspect to the slaw. It was still subtle but just enough to let you know it was there.
A few little tips for you too when serving your foods for a cookout, use plastic sealed jars or containers to keeps those pesky bugs out. Those flies can smell BBQ miles away!
Now, are you ready for the cookout of the season? Be sure to add Slaw Burgers with MIRACLE WHIP to the menu and be proud of it!
Happy Almost 4th of July!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 2 Lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 3/4 Cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing Divided
- 1 14 oz Package of Coleslaw Blend
- 1 8 oz Can of Crushed Pineapple Drained
- 1/4 Cup Red Onions Thinly Sliced
- 2 Tsp Sriracha Sauce
- 8 Hamburger Buns or Gluten Free Hamburger Buns
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Mix the meat, garlic powder, 1/4 cup of dressing just until blended.
- Shape into 8 patties, 1/2 inch thick.
- Grill 5-6 minutes on each side or until well done.
- Combine the remaining dressing with the remaining ingredients except the buns.
- Fill the buns with the burgers and coleslaw.