Basketball Cupcakes are the perfect way to enjoy a Basketball Party!
It’s that time of year, basketball time! It’s that time when parties are going on left and right and you are probably sitting back cheering on your favorite team, right? We are!
For the big game, the food is always a highlight. I know for me I focus more on that than the actual tournament.
My husband focuses on the sport, he just expects good food will follow.
That’s my job…and I’m all about that! I can handle that, and then of course chatting with friends while eating all the delicious food is my favorite part.
How do you make Basketball Cupcakes with Skittles?
I wanted these to be very colorful, so I decided to separate the white cake mix once it was prepared and then color it. I made the colors of the rainbow or in this case the colors of Skittles.
Then, I made cupcakes out of it. Once the cupcakes were cooled, we simply frosted them and then used the orange Skittles to decorate the cupcakes with.
Once the Skittles were on the cupcakes, simply use black or brown icing to do a basketball design.
Once you are done you have these fun, colorful Slam Dunk Cupcakes!
These are fun for the adults and the kids, plus my son loved that there were different colors of cake too.
Do you host a party for the basketball season? What types of treats do you serve? Be sure to add these Basketball Cupcakes to your list!
I am certain you are going to make a Slam Dunk at your Basketball Party!
- 1 Package White Cake Mix or Gluten Free Cake Mix ingredients to prepare mix
- Food Coloring
- 1 Carton of Whipped Vanilla Icing
- Black Writing Icing
- Large Bag of Skittles
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Prepare the white cake mix as instructed on the package.
- Once it's mixed, separate it into 5 different bowls, then add the food coloring to the mix to make the different colors of cake mix.
- At this point, we did the different colors of skittles; however, you can do any colors you would like.
- Spray the cupcake liners with non-stick cooking spray, then place the cake mix in each liner to make 24 cupcakes in a variety of colors.
- Bake per the box instructions.
- Let them cool completely then frost them with the vanilla icing.
- Using the orange Skittles, decorate the tops of the cupcakes, then use the black icing to create the basketball lines.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!