As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
The first time I had Shepherd’s Pie was shortly after I had my son, a member of our church delivered it to us for dinner. I thought it was delicious and could not wait to make it again!
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 4 Large Baking Potatoes, Peeled
- 2/3 Cup of Milk
- 1 Tbsp of Butter
- 1 Tsp of Salt
- 1 Tsp of Ground Pepper
- 1/2 lb Frozen Broccoli, Thawed
- 2 Tbsp Minced Onion
- 1 14.75 oz Can of Cream of Corn
- 1/2 Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Start by preheating the oven to 375*.
- Put the peeled potatoes into a large stock pot and fill with enough water to cover them and bring to a boil. Once the potatoes are soft and ready to mash, drain the potatoes, then add in the milk, butter, salt, pepper and mash the potatoes. I used an electric mixer to do this.
- In a large skillet cook the ground beef until well done. Once this is cooked add in the broccoli and onion and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- In an 8 x 8 dish, pour in the ground beef mixture to cover the bottom of the dish, then cover the ground beef with broccoli and cream of corn. The mashed potatoes need to be spread out evenly on top of the corn, and finally top the potatoes with the shredded cheese.
- This is will bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted.
This dish was perfect for us, I added in the broccoli to see if my son would eat it this way. It worked, my toddler loved this dish. He ate every drop on his plate including the broccoli!
This gave us 6 servings making it a very easy and affordable meal!
This has been shared on Recipe Lion.