This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyWaytoVeg #CollectiveBias
It’s time to sit back and enjoy an at-home date night or family dinner night, plus make it dinner perfection with these Chik’n Pot Pie MorningStar Farms® Veggie Bowls.
Let’s face it, the holidays can get consuming, can’t they? We are just now heading into the biggest holidays of the year, one being this week. I’m still in denial that it’s actually this close to the end of the year, are you? I really feel like we were just enjoying summer and now we are in the midst of preparing for winter. It’s crazy how quickly the years go by as you age. I never noticed when I was a kid, now I notice!
During the holidays, I still like to have relatively better-for-you meals in the midst of the heavier meals too, it’s a good way to balance it all out and not to over indulge too much during the holiday months. On top of that, my husband and I try to keep our date nights going throughout the holidays, but it can often be a challenge with so many activities. The only set date night routine we can really stick to at this stage in our lives are at-home date nights. We have these regularly, and they are literally my favorite days of the week. Almost always, we have them after the kids go to bed and we are able to have some down time. Thankfully, our kids typically go to bed pretty early, so we can do a late dinner and then an activity afterwards too.
Right now, I am enjoying sitting outside on the back patio enjoying the cool air, but soon sitting by the fireplace will be a fun way to do date night, maybe with a cup of hot chocolate in hand?
This particular time though, I thought I would show you how simple you can make date night with these Veggie Bowls as your meal solution. These are meatless meals that are great for a quick at home date night or maybe even one where you need a meal in a hurry! These are good for all ages even kids too, so by all means if they join you, serve them one too. The Chik’n Pot Pie Veggie Bowl is made with 100% vegan chik’n strips that are lightly seasoned and will give you 23g of protein and only 150 calories. Didn’t I mention this is a much lighter way to do dinner?
Now, I wanted to share with you a few keys to setting the perfect table setting for the family or even date night!
5 Ways to Set the Stage:
- Set the Theme – It’s time to decide, date night? Family dinner night? Pick a theme and stick to it, I decided to go with a country feel for our date night for our theme.
- Accentuate Patterns with White – A great way to accentuate a pattern is by adding a few white dishes in too, that gives it a nice balance to the table setting.
- Variety of Glasses – I like to add variety with our glasses, for instance we had milk in old fashioned milk bottles instead of a simple plastic cup.
- Cloth Napkins – Cloth napkins are a great way to add a little something extra to your table setting, a variety of colors can be intertwined to add another element.
- Simple Centerpiece – We did a simple dinner, which meant a candle was all we needed for our centerpiece, but a nice little simple centerpiece is the way to go. It’s not really fun to have something too big that you can’t see over!
These are a few tips I use when I’m setting up the table and staging food, what tips do you have? Be sure to share them with us!
Now, it’s time for dinner, head on out to pick up your MorningStar Farms® Veggie Bowls!