Make a delicious breakfast with Sausage & Spinach Breakfast Pie!
In our family Christmas morning means we bring out the delicious breakfast foods. One of the best parts of my morning on Christmas is after all the chaos that ensues when the kids see their gifts under the tree, it’s sitting around the breakfast table being about to stop and enjoy our family. We like to talk about what Christmas means to us and it almost feels like time stands still for those few minutes of laughter and love.
Then, after breakfast it’s back to all those new toys, it’s a fun-filled day of play all day long. I try my hardest to stay home with our family all day on Christmas Day as opposed to traveling. It normally ends up being a day of cleaning out the old toys and playing with and rearranging the new!
Honestly, just spending breakfast with my family is likely my favorite thing to do on Christmas morning. I love being able to make delicious breakfast foods. It almost mixes it up a bit from the traditional Christmas dinner. Of course, why not do both? This year I am planning to add this dish along with some fun snowman pancakes that I recently saw online for the kids.
In our family we love to try out a new breakfast dish each Christmas. This year we have fallen in love with this Sausage & Spinach Breakfast Pie. It could easily be called a Frittata, but I love to make them in pie pans, so I figure pie is more appropriate.
I simply mix up some of my favorite breakfast foods, sausage, spinach, eggs, and hash browns then bake it in the oven to make a delicious pie!
Are you ready for this delicious breakfast treat? What is on your breakfast table?
Sausage & Spinach Breakfast Pie
- Egg Mixture:
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- Pie Mixture:
- 1 Cup Fresh Spinach
- 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Hash browns
- 1 lb Ground Sausage Cooked and Drained
- 1 Clove Garlic Crushed
- 1. Preheat oven to 375*.
- 2. Beat together the eggs, egg whites, and milk in a small mixing bowl, set aside.
- 3. In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the spinach, hash browns, sausage, and garlic.
- 4. Spray a 9 inch pie pan with cooking spray, then pour in the spinach mixture.
- 5. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the spinach mixture.
- 6. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until the eggs are nice and set.