As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Before I took over at this job, I used to work in an office and each morning the majority of the employees came running in with breakfast on-the-go. Many times, it was a bowl of oatmeal or a fast food breakfast stop. Mornings can get rough to eat breakfast especially when you are trying to juggle getting kids out of the house in the morning too. One way that I like to fight that morning rush is by making a tasty breakfast casserole. Then, I divide it up among my Reynolds™ Disposable Heat & Eat containers so that I have breakfast to-go in the morning.
This casserole is easily adaptable to your own taste. My husband and I like different amounts of salt and pepper, so I add that last when I’m ready to serve. I also like to mix in Ketchup for mine, but that’s also optional.
I love that in the mornings, my husband can grab a container and go on out the door, then he can easily heat up his breakfast when he gets to work on those mornings that are in a rush. The containers are made from plant fibers and microwave safe too. I don’t know about you, but my husband is terrible about bringing home containers from work. I remember getting BAGS of them coming home with him when they cleaned out the fridge. All my containers would disappear over time and I always knew they were at his work. These work so much better for him and I don’t have to get frustrated that containers are disappearing from my house!
Are you ready for a tasty bite of breakfast casserole?
Try a bite, plus be sure to grab a COUPON HERE for the Reynolds™ Disposable Heat & Eat containers, then head to Walmart and pick yours up.
- 1 Lb Ground Sausage
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seed
- 6 Eggs, Scrambled
- 1 280 z Package Potatoes O'Brien
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil or Canola Oil
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray, then brown the sausage, mixed with the fennel.
- Drain the sausage well and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the scrambled eggs to the bowl.
- Add in the bag of potatoes to the bowl.
- Mix in the oil.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly pour the potato mixture into the dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Carefully remove and add cheese.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve with salt and pepper.