As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make this EASY Sausage Breakfast Casserole that is also gluten-free too!
This simple Sausage Breakfast Casserole is a great go-to recipe for a potluck or just for the family breakfast.
This dish combines Potatoes O’Brien with Sausage and Eggs. Then, you can pick and choose what toppings to serve it with like cheese, salsa, or sour cream.
Tips for Making Sausage Breakfast Casserole:
For this Sausage Breakfast Casserole, the ground sausage needs to be cooked in a skillet and drained before preparing it.
If you want to do some prep work, go ahead and cook the sausage and just store it in the fridge until you are ready to make this casserole.
This recipe also uses whole eggs combined with milk. These will need to be whisked together to pour over the casserole this will make it more solid when serving and you should be able to cut it into serving-size pieces.
As mentioned above cheese can be added too. If you want it melted right onto the casserole, go ahead and add it in the last 5 minutes of cooking time that way it melts right on top.
If you prefer for it to be optional just serve it with cheese for guests to top it with.
Even better if you serve this with an Iced Mocha!
Can you make this Gluten-Free Sausage Breakfast Casserole?
This meal is basically naturally gluten-free; however, you MUST check all packages of the products you use first.
I have found that some of the off-brands of Potatoes O’Brien are made in facilities with wheat products, so they are not gluten-free.
The brand I use for this is Ore-Ida and they are gluten-free, it’s also on the label. Simply be sure to check all labels before making it to be sure that your ingredients are gluten-free.
If you want to make this in the Air Fryer check out this Air Fryer Sausage Breakfast Casserole.
Time to enjoy this easy meal!
- 1 Lb Ground Sausage
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seed
- 28oz Potatoes O'Brien
- 6 Whole Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese (Optional)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray, then brown the sausage, mixed with the fennel seed.
- Drain the sausage well and set it aside.
- Coat a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly pour the Potatoes O'Brien into the dish. At this point, if you prefer, you can coat the potatoes with a nice coat of cooking oil spray like olive oil spray.
- Top the potatoes with the cooked sausage.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Pour it evenly over the potatoes and sausage.
- Bake in the oven at 350*F for 45 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Carefully remove and top with cheese, bake for 5 additional minutes. (If you do not want melted cheese on top, skip this step.)
- Serve with salt and pepper to taste.
This can be served with sour cream, chives, salsa, and more!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 432Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 187mgSodium: 831mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 17g