This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Breyers. All opinions are 100% mine.
We just recently had a local peach festival in our area, which means lots of delicious peaches that are perfect in this Roasted White Peaches with Honeycomb & Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe. I’m anxious to share this with you today because it is so perfect for the summer season.
One of my favorite aspects of summer time is all the fresh produce and in our area, we are right by a peach orchard. That means we get juicy, delicious peaches this time of year either picked up at the orchard or at our local stores that carry them as well. Now, what is the best way to serve peaches? Of course it’s with Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream and this Roasted White Peaches with Honeycomb and Vanilla Ice Cream.
Breyers is celebrating their 150th birthday and has partnered with celebrity chef, Curtis Stone and his wife Lindsey Price Stone, to celebrate their big day! They are going to feature 12 new recipes, one each month throughout the year. That means you can celebrate all year long. Each recipe will feature Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream. Now, who doesn’t love celebrating a birthday every month?
There are many reasons to love Breyers and one of them is that all Breyers vanilla is real and from sustainable farmed, Rainforest Alliance Certified™ vanilla beans. That means you are getting the best vanilla beans in your product. Breyers only sources milk and cream from cows not treated with artificial growth hormones.* I love that they stand behind a high quality product.
Roasted White Peaches with Honeycomb and Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 Cup Sugar, Divided
- 1 Lemon, Zested
- 4 Ripe but Firm White Peaches, Halved, Pitted
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 4 Cups Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk 3 tbs. sugar and lemon zest for about 1 minute, or until sugar is fragrant and moist. Arrange peaches, cut side up, in a 13x9 inch baking dish. Pour 2/3 cup water into dish. Sprinkle lemon sugar mixture over peaches and roast for 25-30 minutes, or until peaches are slightly softened and have released their juices.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a small baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring remaining sugar, honey, and 2 tbs. water to a boil. Stir constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and cook, without stirring, for about 5 minutes or until a candy thermometer reaches 305*F.
- Remove from heat and whisk in baking soda just until blended and mixture begins to bowl.
- Gently pour hot mixture onto prepared baking sheet and cool.
- Break honeycomb into small pieces and reserve in an airtight container.
- Spoon 1/2 Cup Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream into each of 8 bowls. Top with warm roasted peaches and warm juices.
- Sprinkle honeycomb pieces and serve immediately.
Note: Honeycomb can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Now, we have to get back to this wonderful treat. They honey and vanilla compliment the peaches giving them even more flavor than they already have. It’s like a taste of heaven in your mouth and perfect on a nice cool summer evening. We love to enjoy this out on the back porch watching the kids play, that’s my happy place.
Are you ready for a bite? It’s time!
*Suppliers of other ingredients such as cookies, candies & sauces may not be able to make this pledge. The FDA states that no significant difference has been shown between dairy derived from rBST-treated and non-rBST treated cows.