As most of you have seen recently our garden is growing with abundance and so is our neighbor’s garden. He is gladly giving us some of his produce too, so I have been trying to come up with all sorts of ways to use up the produce.
I have a ton of okra, but I am trying to avoid frying okra, which let’s face it…I love it fried. I have opted not to eat fried okra since going gluten free plus trying to eat healthy during this pregnancy. So, what to do? Roast it!
Roasting okra is so simple, I could eat it like candy! This can also be done by wrapping it in foil and throwing it on the grill for a few minutes if you want to avoid using the oven.
- 2-4 Cups of Sliced Okra
- Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Chopped Garlic use more if you want a stronger flavor
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- On a large cookie sheet, spray it with non stick spray.
- In a bowl, mix up the okra, olive oil, and garlic. I make sure to use enough olive oil and garlic to coat the okra well.
- Pour the okra evenly on the cookie sheet trying not to put any on top of each other.
- Let this bake for 30 minutes or until browned. Add salt and pepper if you would like to taste.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Enjoy this healthier way to eat okra!
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Comments & Reviews
Kristina @ Love and Zest says
like the simplicity of this recipe! nothing tastier than roasting… gotta try roasting okra!
Mary V. says
Just tried this recipe. Love, love, loved it! I left the garlic off because of my partner’s dislike of garlic, but I bet I’d like it that way too! Thank you for posting this on Pinterest.
Mommy Hates Cooking says
So happy that you enjoyed it, def our favorite.