As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make a delicious dinner with this Roasted Lemon Pepper Chicken & Veggies in the Dutch Oven.
Do you ever have that wanting to make a delicious dinner for the family but maybe you aren’t sure where to start? This Roasted Lemon Pepper Chicken & Veggies in the Dutch Oven is the perfect way to do just that.
I actually saw a similar recipe on TV while I was at the gym, yes I watched a cooking show while working out. It makes total sense, right? Well, maybe not. Sometimes I have to turn it because I can’t handle watching cookies and things while I’m trying to work my cookies off…ha!
Once I saw this roasted chicken though I knew I had to try a version at home. I used a round dutch oven, then once I had the chicken patted dry and seasoned, I placed it in the dutch oven. I placed a variety of veggies around it along with a bit of olive oil and butter.
Next up, it was time to roast this beautiful meal. I put the entire dutch oven inside the oven with the lid on. I did unscrew the knob on the top of the lid so that it would fit well in the oven.
I let this roast with the lid on for 2 hours, then I took the lid off and let it cook another 30 minutes or so without the lid so that it would get crispy. The veggies were perfectly soft and delicious, then the chicken itself fell right off the bone. It was a beautiful dinner.
We ended up serving this on Christmas Eve; however, you can make it really anytime that you prefer. It really isn’t much work at all, you just need to be home to let it cook up in the oven.
Are you ready for a tasty dinner? It’s time for Roasted Lemon Pepper Chicken & Veggies in the Dutch Oven!
Pin it for later –
- 5 Lb Whole Chicken
- 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Pepper
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 lb Carrots
- 1 Pound Mini Potatoes, Halved
- 2 Celery Stalks, Sliced
- 1 Sweet Onion, Sliced
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat the oven to 375*.
- Pat the chicken dry completely, then add the Lemon Pepper & Salt evenly to the chicken.
- Place in a round dutch oven.
- Add the veggies evenly around the chicken.
- Add the olive oil evenly on top of the veggies.
- Top the chicken with the 3 Tbsp of butter, this can just be sliced and sitting right on top of the chicken.
- Finish by adding the garlic powder on top of the veggies.
- Cover and cook in the oven for 2 hours.
- Carefully remove the lid after 2 hours and let it cook until it's crispy on top and an internal temperature of at least 165*.
- Remove and serve.