Roasted Kale & Butternut Squash is a great choice for a healthy side.
Some of the best side dishes for meals are simply well prepared, cooked vegetables. I recently had a large butternut squash that needed to be used. I decided to turn it into a beautiful side dish paired with Kale. This side dish is great for the upcoming holidays or simply for family dinner.
I decided to season the kale and squash then simply roast it in the oven for a few minutes to make the squash soft and the kale crispy. I actually enjoyed this as a snack too. It’s a great healthy snack.
I love the option of making something like this as a side dish for Thanksgiving because it’s very light and healthy. A lot of the foods served on Thanksgiving or Christmas are typically heavy with butter, this one is very light. I guess that sort of gives me the feeling that it offsets all that pie I plan to eat? Wishful thinking!
I know as we go through the holidays a dish like this is much needed at least for me. I can only take so many cookies and treats and then my body needs REAL food and superfoods like this Roasted Kale & Butternut Squash.
Are you ready for an easy side dish? Try this one!
Roasted Kale & Butternut Squash
- 3 Lbs Butternut Squash Halved and Cubed (Cut into Small Chunks)
- 3 Cups of Loosely Chopped Kale
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic Crushed
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Place the squash and kale in a large bowl and add additional ingredients, mix well to coat the veggies.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray, then place the veggies evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the squash is soft and the kale is crispy.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Looks yummy and healthy!!