Make the BEST chicken on your pellet grill with Roasted Coca-Cola Chicken, which can be made as Beer Can Chicken too!
Are you ready to make a beautiful whole chicken on your grill? This recipe will help you do just that!
This Roasted Coca-Cola Chicken is tender and juicy, the perfect way to make a meal for a crowd.
Can you use beer for this chicken?
This chicken can be done the exact same way with a can of beer as Beer Can Chicken or you can stick to Coca-Cola, which also yields the same great flavor!
If you are like me, using Coca-Cola was how I made this gluten-free instead of having to search for gluten-free beer. That is why we opted to go with Coca-Cola instead.
Tips for Making Roasted Coca-Cola Chicken:
Coca-Cola Chicken is so easy to make, all you need is some good spices for your chicken plus a can of Coke!
As far as spices go, I highly suggest Weber Kick’n Chicken, it’s naturally gluten-free and gives the chicken a ton of great flavor.
Any can of Coca-Cola will work, then I also suggest using this Cuisinart BBQ Basket 4 in 1.
This basket actually does a multitude of different things to help keep each food you may want to cook in place on the grill. In this case, it kept the chicken straight up to sit right on the can of Coke, which is exactly what we needed.
The chicken will need to be checked throughout cooking time with a meat thermometer or a probe. The internal temperature needs to be at least 165*F in all parts of the chicken to be considered done.
What pellets should you use?
This can be done easily on any type of grill but if you are going to make this a Pellet Grill Recipe, you may want to try a blend of pellets.
We tend to go for the blend, but you can do any that you prefer.
Roasted Coca-Cola Chicken will be a great addition to your dinner time routine!
Roasted Coca-Cola Chicken
- 5 Pounds Whole Chicken (Likely 3-5 Lbs)
- 1 Tbsp Weber Kick'n Chicken Seasoning
- 1 Can Coca-Cola or Beer
- Using a thawed chicken, pat the chicken dry, then coat evenly with the seasoning.
- Preheat the grill to 400*F. If using the pellet grill, any pellets can be used.
- This was done using a Cuisinart Basket with a Chicken Holder in it – See note.
- Pour out the coca-cola or beer until there is about 1/4 of it left in the can. Place the chicken right on top of the can.
- Place the chicken carefully on the grill and use a probe if you have one or a meat thermometer to monitor the temperature. This will roast on the grill for 60-75 minutes until the internal temperature reaches at least 165*F.
- Carefully remove and serve.