Just in time for Halloween, make this adorable Pumpkin Patch Cake!
A few years ago, I made a fun Dirt Worm Cake, so as we head into Halloween, I thought I would make a Pumpkin Patch Cake. It turned out perfectly, plus it was super fun for the kids too.
I have enjoyed getting some time in the kitchen with the kids to just have fun and create something together.
They are both at the age now that they can really help in the kitchen and do simple tasks like for instance crushing cookies. They were both excited to take turns crushing cookies for this cake and eating a few too.
How do you make Pumpkin Patch Cake?
I decided to use a chocolate cake mix to create the two cakes for this, then I simply added chocolate frosting to the entire thing.
I used one container of whipped chocolate frosting which was just enough. I decided to basically keep it similar to a crumb coat since the entire thing would be covered in cookies and candy.
I also added gummy worms along with pumpkins to it. Then, I topped it with the crushed cookies and added a few strands of green icing to go along with the pumpkins.
I could honestly barely take the pictures of this cake and my kids were both sitting nearby anxiously awaiting a bite of cake. It was so tasty paired with a nice glass of milk.
We enjoyed a slice on the back patio while breathing in some fall air. We also shared it with friends the next day as well.
I’ll likely be making this again for the day of Halloween too, it’s just a fun, festive cake that the whole family can really get involved with making.
My favorite part though is it really requires very little skill and I’ll admit cake decorating is not my thing!
Dirt cakes, though?
I can do that!
Pumpkin Patch Cake
- Chocolate Cake Mix or Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Mix Plus items to prepare mix.
- 1 Containers Chocolate Frosting
- 1 Cup Crushed Chocolate Cookies or Gluten-Free Chocolate Cookies
- Green Writable Icing
- Candy Pumpkins
- Gummy Worms
- Prepare the cake in 2 9-inch cake pans as instructed on the package.
- Once prepared, let cool completely and level the cakes if needed.
- Place one cake on the cake stand or plate then spread a bit of icing on the top of the cake and place the other cake on top.
- Frost the entire cake with the chocolate frosting.
- Sprinkle the some of crushed cookies on top and place the gummy worms and pumpkins where you prefer.
- Add a few green vines to the cake around the pumpkins, then add additional cookie crumbs.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!