As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
This past weekend, I decided to try a different variation with my pumpkin bread recipe. I made Pumpkin Bread Muffins instead. I was able to make 18 muffins and 1 loaf of pumpkin bread using this recipe. I topped each muffin with cream cheese frosting and a candy pumpkin. I also trimmed them with orange gel icing that I picked up at Hobby Lobby. These turned out to be the perfect fall treat!
- 1 Cup of Apple Butter
- 2 Cups of Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 3 Cups of Flour, or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 15 oz Can of Pumpkin
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Candies
- Orange Gel Icing
- Preheat the oven to 375*.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together in order until dough forms.
- Spray a bread pan with non stick spray and pour into the pan. I believe using a standard size bread pan, this would make 2 loaves. I decided to use a bunt cake pan instead of using two loaf pans. To make the muffins use a muffin tin, this made 18 muffins and 1 bread loaf pan for me. This can also make 24 muffins and a smaller loaf of bread as well.
- This will bake in the oven for 1 hour or until the bread takes shape. I usually do the standard toothpick or fork test, to be sure no dough comes out on the toothpick.
- Serve sprinkled with a little powdered sugar.