As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Get ready for a treat this fall with Pumpkin Bread in a Jar!
I’m going to admit if you have not figured it out already, I’m totally obsessed with baking in a jar! These just make the cutest little gifts and desserts in a personalized size!
This past week I decided to try out my pumpkin bread recipe in a jar, then I topped it with Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting and it was heavenly!
Just a note here, I am not sure if this is still sold, so if not, just use a whipped frosting.
I started taking pictures and my frosting started melting quick because I made the mistake of topping them a little too early.
The mistake was my reward because that warm bread topped with the frosting was simply delicious, then I could not help but eat one!
How do you make Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread in a Jar?
If you are gluten free remember, this can be made gluten free…that’s how I make it! If you are not, then use regular flour and you are all set!
I use Better Batter Gluten Free All Purpose Flour for ALL of my recipes that call for flour. It is a great even switch to regular flour.
Enjoy this delicious treat!
- 1 Cup of Apple Butter
- 2 Cups of Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 3 Cups of Flour, or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 15 oz Can of Pumpkin
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 12-24 Half Pint Jars
- 2 Tubs Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting, or your favorite Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 375*.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together in order until dough forms.
- At this point you can either use 12 Half Pint Jars sprayed with non stick baking spray and 1 bread loaf pan, or you can use 24 Half Pint Jars.
- Pour the batter in leaving about 1 1/2 inches at the top of the jars for room to rise.
- This will bake in the oven for 45 minutes- 1 hour or until the bread takes shape. I usually do the standard toothpick or fork test, to be sure no dough comes out on the toothpick.
- Let these completely cool then serve with Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting.
- I typically will use a Wilton 1M tip and cake decorating bag to do the frosting. Garnish with a little cinnamon.