I tried my first recipe from my Southern Living One-Dish Meals cookbook. I tried out the Pork Chop Casserole. I followed the recipe close to the same other than I used a different type of rice. This recipe seemed very similar to my method for Chicken and Rice.
The only thing I would advise when making this dish is to check the pork chops after 30 minutes and possibly add more water. I am most certain that my rice dried out since I used brown minute rice; however, I have made many dishes with this same method and adding a little bit of water 1/2 way through the cooking time avoids the dry out.
I was pleased with this dish, and looking forward to trying more recipes from my Southern Living Cookbook.
Pork Chop Casserole
- 1 Cup Brown Minute Rice Recipe calls for 1 Package of Long Grain and Wild Rice Mix
- 2 Cups Hot Water
- 6 Bone In Pork Chops
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1 10 3/4 oz Can of Cream of Celery Soup
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- In a 9×13 greased dish pour in the brown rice or wild rice mix and seasoning along with the hot water. I added the pepper in as well.
- Place the pork chops on top of the rice and water combination then bake covered at 350* for 1 hour.
- Lastly, combine the soup and milk and pour over the pork chops after 1 hour of baking. This will need to bake for additional 15 minutes.