Over the last few weeks my grandma has been requesting me to make her a popcorn cake to share with her friends at her retirement home. When she first mentioned this, I did not know what she was talking about. She kept telling me to look in her recipe books that she gave me and find the recipe. I actually ended up just googling ‘popcorn cake’ and saw the general idea then came up with a method that worked for me to make this cake quickly.
I initially thought that it would be really tough to chew sort of like a hard candy. Then, after a few hours in the fridge I tasted it…and then I tasted again…and again…and well, you get the point. It was good, so good in fact I’ll be making it again for our Christmas Eve party.
It tasted a lot like eating M & M’s with popcorn, it was sweet and salty.
- 2 Microwavable Bags of Cooked Popcorn Eliminate all the seeds
- 2 Cups Honey Roasted Peanuts
- 2 Cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 Bag Mini Marshmallows
- 1/2 Cup Butter Melted
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- Begin by being sure your popcorn is cooked and any leftover seeds are trashed.
- Pour the popcorn into a large mixing bowl along with the peanuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour the marshmallows in a microwave safe bowl and heat up for 30 seconds, then stir. At this point it becomes like marshmallow fluff. Pour in the butter and oil and mix with the marshmallows.
- Then, combine the marshmallow mixture with the popcorn mixture and coat well with a large spoon.
- Spray a bundt cake pan with non stick baking spray, and evenly pour in your popcorn batter.
- Let this harden in the fridge for several hours. Mine was set in about 3-4 hours.
This is an easy recipe to make for any holiday party, enjoy!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.