I love stir fry and in particular I really love the taste of sweet n’ sour chicken. This was a great alternative to the fast food versions!
We ate this as a one dish meal since it had all the major food groups as part of the meal. This was a nice, healthy twist to the typical stir fry dish!
Pineapple Chicken and Rice Stir Fry
- 2 Chicken Breast Thawed and Cubed
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 8 oz Can of Pineapple Chunks
- 1 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 1/3 Cup of Lite Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 Bag of Frozen Stir Fry Veggies
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Peas
- 2 Cups Brown Minute Rice
- 1 Cup Water
- Cook the Minute Rice with the water in a small sauce pan.
- In a small bowl whisk together brown sugar, ginger, cornstarch, and soy sauce.
- In a large skillet add the olive oil, and then cook the chicken until well done. Once this is completely cooked, add in the veggies and let simmer for about 5 minutes. Add in the cooked rice, soy sauce mixture, beaten egg, and pineapple. This should simmer for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.