As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
These Peppermint S’mores Hot Chocolate Floats are so good that I knew I had to share them again.
A few years ago, we started a new tradition with our kids on Christmas Eve.
Basically, we fill up a box with a note from Santa, new pajamas, a new movie, and popcorn, then we drop it on the front door, ring the doorbell, and run!
My son comes up and opens the door to find a special box dropped straight from the North Pole on the doorstep. Seriously the excitement is absolutely worth every second.
I LOVE seeing him open the box anxious to see what Santa left for him.
I’m looking forward to this tradition even more this year because I know my daughter will be able to join in on all the fun.
Once it’s time to sit down for our movie night in the new pajamas, we also have hot chocolate.
How do you make Hot Chocolate Floats?
I decided to make these Peppermint S’mores Hot Chocolate Floats to see how much we liked them for our upcoming movie night next month.
I may have created a monster because I am fairly certain we cannot drink hot chocolate any other way now.
I used Chocolate Milk as opposed to a powdered hot chocolate, it was so much thicker and creamier than a traditional hot chocolate.
Then, I added in a scoop of vanilla ice cream, toasted marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate shavings. Is your mouth watering yet?
I also added in a candy cane to give it a peppermint twist!
Now, the best part in my opinion is the dipped chocolate coating that is semi-sweet chocolate melted around the rim then dipped in candy cane pieces and graham crackers.
Seriously…I can hardly write this without craving one.
I toasted the marshmallows in the oven using the broiler on low, you will basically want to stand there and watch them because they are easily done within 30 seconds to a minute.
I left the first batch in for 2 minutes and they turned into burnt crisps!
One thing I love about making this with chocolate milk is I can leave it cold too for the kids or warm it up just a little bit, works a lot better than scolding hot water.
Now enjoy your Hot Chocolate Floats!
- Baker's Chocolate Semi-Sweet, Melted
- Candy Canes
- Graham Crackers
- TruMoo Chocolate Milk
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Begin by placing the marshmallows on a greased cookie sheet, put under the broiler on low for 30 seconds to a minute until toasted.
- Warm up the Baker's Chocolate if you have not already and crush up 2 candy canes and approximately 4 graham crackers.
- Dip the rim of the cup you are using in the chocolate, then immediately in the crushed candy canes and graham crackers.
- In a separate cup, warm up the TruMoo milk for approximately 2 minutes or until your heat preference.
- Pour the warm milk into each chocolate coated cup, then top with marshmallows, ice cream, graham cracker and shaved chocolate.
- Add in a whole candy cane and serve.