Make a delicious breakfast with these Peppermint Pancakes!
Disclosure: This post is written on behalf of a partnership with DairyPure. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Are you all still stuffed from Thanksgiving? Or are you thinking about breakfast yet? Let’s think about it and these Peppermint Pancakes!
As the holidays get closer, one thing I love to do is make festive breakfast. Do you? Saturday mornings are usually our go-to breakfast, where my husband and I can pull out all the fun breakfast foods. This past week though I decided to surprise my kids with these Peppermint Pancakes for breakfast on a day out of school.
My daughter is becoming quite a picky eater. This is about the same time my son went through this stage as well. Unlike what we did with him, this time we are not caving in to her, she eats what we eat. What’s better though for us is when I make things she really loves like these pancakes for instance. They are super easy for a toddler to eat, plus she loves them. I add a little side of bacon and we have a family of happy tummies.
I headed out to the store to pick up our DairyPure milk to use in these pancakes. DairyPure provides the 8 essiential nutrients and it’s quality milk from farm to fridge!
DairyPure ensures their Five-Point Purity Promise with every carton of milk they sell.
- No artificial growth hormones
- All milk is tested for antibiotics
- Continually quality tested to ensure purity
- Only from cows fed a healthy diet
- Cold shipped fresh from your local dairy
We loved our peppermint pancakes topped with chocolate syrup. They tasted like Peppermint Mocha Pancakes with the chocolate syrup drizzled on top. Even adding a little bit of whipped cream would be a nice touch too!
If you are celebrating with holiday breakfast parties this year, these Peppermint Pancakes are the perfect addition to your list! I know my kids would agree.
Time to eat up and enjoy!
Find even more Pancake recipes, HERE.
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tsp Baking Powder or Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups DairyPure Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Baking Peppermint Chips
- Chocolate Syrup
- Combine all ingredients in order, except syrup, in a bowl mixing well. Let batter sit for about 30 minutes for fluffier pancakes.
- While the batter is sitting about 10 minutes before you are ready to cook begin, to heat the griddle or skillet to medium heat and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Spoon out the batter into about sand dollar size and let it cook on one side until the batter begins to bubble, then flip over and cook until done. This typically just takes 2-3 minutes. It should release fairly easily from the griddle and you can be sure that the bottom is browned.
- Continue until all pancake batter is used.
- Serve topped with chocolate syrup.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Great recipe thank you! I did not have peppermint chips so I chopped up some peppermint chocolate candy I had at home at it tasted great.